H.E.A.R.T. Learning Challenge: Working from Home

Image result for computer desk
Computer desk
(Source: Pexels)

At this point in my semester, all of my online classes are coming to an end and I’m focusing more time on working on my end of the year research projects which requires me sitting on my laptop for 8-12 hours at my house. For this reason, I read this article about the Top 10 Ways to Be More Productive When Working from Home. Something that I believed that was confirmed by this article is being more productive by acting like you are going to work at an office even if you are staying at home. Even on the days that I am not leaving my house and just working on my computer all day, I find myself much more productive when I shower and dress in clothes that are comfortable, but not pajamas, and physically feel refreshed and ready to start my work day.

Something new that I have never heard about or considered is “commuting” to work even if you work at home. I imagine that going on a short walk around my neighborhood before I start to work would be a great way to clear my head of any distractions and not be caught up in what I was working on previously. Something that I am curious to explore is studying at places that are not at my house. I feel comfortable working at home because I have immediate access to my fridge, my bed, all of my stuff, etc. The downside to working at home is that I almost feel too comfortable and this causes me to want cuddle up in my bed and nap more often. I want to find a place to study that isn’t at home and or at school, but is still as equally as cozy as my room. Maybe I'll check out some coffee shops that aren't Starbucks!

Comments

Popular Posts