My Storybook Favorites!

Ancient Painting of Yang Guifei. Web Source: Wikipedia
Retrieved from: The Four Beauties of China

I have always loved the Nutcracker so this storybook called "The Nutcracker" immediately caught my eye in the list. I appreciate that the author of this storybook has a very clear introduction page which makes for easy navigation. She has inspired me to include hyperlinks to certain parts of my storybook on the introduction page but I will make sure to double-check that they work because the main link to take the reader to her story does not work. I love how the author's note include why she chose her story to make her storybook more personal.

I study China and I love Chinese history and culture so I think that I will write a storybook over a story that originated in China, just like this storybook called "The Four Beauties of China". I love how the author of this storybook wrote from the first-perspective as one of the characters of the story (a cricket!). I think that I will also do the same because I want my storybook to be more playful and descriptive in terms of what the main character senses. I thought this blog was very aesthetically pleasing but I think that I will include more pictures to evoke my readers' mental imagery of my story.

I clicked on the Legend of Odysseus storybook because I read Homer's Odyssey when I was in high school and I was completely disinterested and I wanted to see if this storybook could make me enjoy what the epic has to offer to its readers and how the author would remake the stories that already exist in the epic. I loved how even though I forgot what the Odyssey was about, the blog easily jogged my memory and I think that those who have not read it can understand who the characters are and what the specific stories the author focuses on are about. I don't remember enough to be confident in this assumption, but it seems like the storybook story is more similar to the original than some of the other storybooks are. This could just be because the author doesn't create a rendition of the story that places it into modern time or includes new characters which I thought was interesting. This opened me up to the possibility to rewriting a story with the same setting and characters but with a switch up in the original plot.

Comments

Popular Posts