These millennials and their dang technology!

Hey guys, I just downloaded Diigo and WOW. It's game-changing! Thanks, Laura! If I knew about Diigo in my first three years of college, I would have saved my poor old computer from so much unnecessary battery usage and a constantly full disk because of all of the tabs I always have open, as I am always afraid that I will need to revisit a page and don't want to lose it among the hundreds of pages I have bookmarked on my computer.

Screenshot of what my Google Chrome usually looks like. For me, this is a small amount of tabs open.
Source: Me on January 16, 2018


As you can also see in that screenshot, my first bookmark on the very left of my bookmark bar is a folder of bookmarks for this class. So far, in the folder I have a shortcut to our canvas class homepage, the class calendar and syllabus, my Blogger dashboard, and the page which shows us how to cite our images and videos. This has already been super helpful and I plan on adding all of our readings as well as my storybook project on there. I'm familiar with most of these technology tools, as I grew up loving computers and learning about software. I'm thankful that the Blogger interface is very uncluttered and easy to use, as it makes posting blogs very easy, although I do find myself having trouble centering my images sometimes and I wish there were more font options. 

I love the environment of this online class because in every other online class I that I have taken, I have felt very disconnected from my professor but I don't think that will be a problem at all in this class! This semester, in terms of my web skills, my goal is to be less jumpy when surfing the web and while I am doing research. I want to get into the habit of finishing all of my work on one page rather than reading a short article, finding something interesting in that article, researching that thing, finding something interesting in that article, and then finding myself opening ten different articles without even finishing the first one. Other than that, I want to gain experience setting up a website during our storybook projects because I would love to set up a personal blog in the future that I would hope would be more aesthetically pleasing than this one!

Comments

Popular Posts