Week 8 Reading and Writing

Looking Back: 
I find myself genuinely enjoying the readings much more than I had expected to before this class had began. I like how many choices we have in terms of what kind of stories we read, but sometimes I wish that I didn't have a specific storybook topic that I didn't always look for in the stories that I read so I could write stories about things that aren't relevant to my topic without feeling unproductive. I'm pretty disappointed in myself for not having written more stories at this point because I usually can't make the deadline on thursday, but hopefully I can use this more relaxed week in this class to get ahead.

I'm pretty satisfied with how my blog looks, as I think it is minimalistic and easy to navigate, but I would really love to get the opinion of others on if it is easy to miss the button at the top of the page that opens up the side bar. I'm enjoying designing the aesthetics of my portfolio website, and honestly, I feel very accomplished having two complete and fleshed out stories on there that I actually like and enjoyed writing.

Image:

Noah's Ark by Aurelio Luini
(Source: Flickr)

I love this image that depicts Noah loading up his animals onto his ark, as he praises God on his knees. The chaos, yet order, of this photo is super visually pleasing to me and I love that Noah's family is also in it. The contrast between the light and the dark in the picture helped me envision the world after the flood in my version of the story in my portfolio. I was very drawn to this image, as it interesting to see what the painter thought God looked like when he was showing himself to Noah. 

Looking Forward: 
I am going to try to be more consistent in writing at least one set of notes every week so that I can also keep up with writing stories. I can't guarantee that I will be able to keep up with writing a story every week, but I am just beginning to start taking advantage of the grace periods when I really can't finish something that I'm working on by midnight. 

Comments

Popular Posts